TASK 1 Assignment: Hot Seat Case – Negotiation (Two page)
Read the Manager’s Hot Seat Negotiation. Participate with the interactive questions during the reading answer and submit the following questions via this activity.
1. Without planning and determination of one’s initial offer, target point, and resistance point, a negotiator may be at a disadvantage during the negotiation. What evidence of planning was demonstrated by Alisa and Katherine?
2. For both Alisa and Katherine, describe how planning impacted their ability to successfully negotiate.
3. What aspects of the distributive and integrative bargaining approaches did Katherine demonstrate during the negotiation? Justify your answer with examples from the scenario.
4. What aspects of the distributive and integrative bargaining approaches did Alisa demonstrate during the negotiation? Justify your answer with examples from the scenario.
5. What is the superordinate goal in this situation? How would a discussion of this goal aid the negotiation process?
6. Katherine discussed a potential solution (bonus sharing) that had not previously been discussed before. Is this an example of “unlawful circumvention” according to labor laws? Why or why not?
7. Assume Katherine refused to make a concession to Alisa’s request. According to the National Labor Code, could Alisa organize a strike?
8. Assume you are representing management (like Katherine in this scenario). What exactly would you do in this situation? Indicate a specific example for each of the key negotiator behaviors.
Task 2 Module Review Questions ( Two page)
These review questions will identify a few key topics from the chapters and learning objectives in Module 8. Answer all four questions.
1. What does it take to be a successful mediator?
2. If preventable violence takes place in the workplace, is the employer legally liable?
3. The approach to EAPs has changed since they were first introduced around 1950. What is the new philosophy regarding EAPs?
4. What is a sweetheart contract?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more