1. Which describes the outcome of both vertical and lateral gene transfer?
leads to rapid evolution of a population
increases variability in a population
results in large changes to the genetic code
occurs between nonrelated organisms
are types of mutation
2. Which of the following occurs in vertical gene transfer, but does not occur in horizontal gene transfer?
a type of asexual reproduction
rapid evolutionary changes
the use of a sex pilus
interaction between parent and offspring
3. Which of the following best describes the role of vertical gene transfer in evolution?
The types of genes passed on in vertical gene transfer are determined by artificial selection.
Vertical gene transfer is not affected by fitness.
Vertical gene transfer involves sexual reproduction that increases variation.
Mechanisms of evolution do not act on processes of vertical gene transfer.
Organisms that utilize vertical gene transfer have an increased chance of mutation.
4. Which of the following is not part of the process of bacterial conjugation?
5. Based on the role of gene transfer in populations, which process will not increase variability in a population?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more