1. A sales return is recorded with a credit to Inventory.
2. Merchandising consists of:
providing a service.
buying and selling products.
purchasing raw materials.
3. Michelin Jewelers completed the following transactions. Michelin Jewelers uses the perpetual inventory system. On April 2, Michelin sold $9,000 of merchandise to a customer on account with terms of 3/15, n/30. Michelin’s cost of the merchandise sold was $5,500. On April 4, the customer reported damaged goods and Michelin granted a $1,000 sales allowance. On April 10, Michelin received payment from the customer. How much cash was received from the customer?
None of these is correct
4. Which of the following assets does a merchandising company—but NOT a service company—need?
5. A purchase return of goods purchased on credit is recorded by the purchasing company as a debit to what account?
Cost of goods sold
6. Freight out is an addition to the Inventory account if the company uses the perpetual inventory method.
7. When a company is purchasing inventory, and there are either returns or allowances for damaged goods, those amounts are recorded as a debit to the Sales returns and allowances account.
False explanation: either accounts payable or cash for refund is the debit
8. Under Last-In, First-Out, the Cost of goods sold is based on the oldest purchases.
9. When a company uses the perpetual inventory method, the inventory account should stay current at all times.
10. A company purchased 100 units for $20 each on January 31. It purchased 100 units for $30 on February 28. It sold 150 units for $45 each from March 1 through December 31. If the company uses the Last-In, First-Out inventory costing method, what is the amount of Cost of goods sold on the December 31 income statement?
None of these is correct
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more