The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted our normal way of life, routine, and the way we work and study. Many of us are now forced to study and do our work with computers on makeshift desks or other worksurfaces in our places of residence, which may not be ideal from an ergonomics perspective. In this assignment you will evaluate your current workstation where you use your computer for completing school-related assignments.
The objectives of this activity are to:
· Become familiar with computer workstation ergonomics
· Develop assessment skills using a Computer Workstation Assessment Checklist designed to assess awkward working postures that may be contributed to by workstation layout
· Suggest ways to correct awkward and unsupported postures at computer workstations
Upon completion of this activity you will have a better understanding of how to assess a computer workstation for postures and support issues that might result in musculoskeletal discomfort, develop strategies to adjust the workstation to reduce these occurrences, and have a better idea of what adjustments may be needed to improve the setup you are currently using to work on your computer.
1. Computer Workstation Evaluation Checklist: Utilize the Computer Workstation Assessment checklist assessing the workstation and chair you are currently using to complete your school-related computer work (e.g., class assignments, watching lectures, etc.).
2. Picture of Workstation: Take a picture of your current workstation where you use your computer. Include the worksurface, computer and monitor (or laptop), mouse (if using one), chair, etc. If possible, have someone take a picture of you at your computer workstation in its normal configuration.
3. Computer Workstation Assessment and Improvements: Provide a summary of your checklist assessment of your computer workstation, focusing on the questions that you answered ‘no’ to. Identify improvements to your computer workstation that you can make immediately that would address the questions you answered ‘no’ to. Identify other improvements that you could make but would need to purchase/acquire. If you make any adjustments based on your assessment, submit a picture showing your adjustments.
1. 20 pts – Submit your completed Computer Workstation Evaluation Assessment checklist.
2. 8 pts – Submit your overall summary of your completed checklist (see item 3 above) and recommended changes (immediate and future) based on your results of your checklist assessment (no more than 1-page in length).
3. 4 pts – Submit a picture of your current computer workstation and another picture if you made adjustments to your computer workstation, documenting the adjustments that were made, and future adjustments that could be made.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more