Answer the following questions using 100 words or more. The answers should be in your own wording.
1. Using your personal workplace experience and your readings for this week, discuss why you believe it is important to study contracts as they relate to the private market system (Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, & Magid, 2015). Include in your discussion how contract law provides flexibility and precision in business dealings?
2. Based on your reading of chapter 9 or the text (Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, & Magid, 2015) and considering how a contract can be legally discharged and when a contract can be breached, respond to the learning activity below.
As a new sales representative for Misco Equipment Corporation, you take a customer out to dinner. Before dinner is over, you have shaken hands on a deal to sell the customer nearly a half-million dollars’ worth of industrial equipment. In writing up the formal contract the next morning, you discover that you miscalculated the equipment’s price. Your error could cost Misco $60,000. You telephone your customer and explain the situation.
3. After reading chapter 14 of the text, Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, and Magid (2015), respond to the questions raised in the learning activity below.
You and two of your college roommates have discussed plans to open a restaurant. You intend to attract college-age students who are health and fitness minded to your restaurant. You and your co-owners agree that each will invest equally in terms of time and money. However, in addition to contributions made by each of you, another $700,000 is essential for the restaurant to succeed.
4. After watching the video, “”What’s a Contract and Why Do I Need Them?” , discuss the definition and essential elements of a contract (Romero, 2016).
5. After watching the video, “Choice of Law: What State/Country Laws Will Apply?” , discuss the importance of Choice of Law clause in a contract (Polansky, 2016).
6. After watching the video, “Business Structures”, discuss the following;
7. Arbitrator Stephen Goldberg’s Dec. 8, 2016 decision dealt with the union agreement called the “collective bargaining agreement”. The arbitration concerned the issue of whether the Postal Service violated the agreement when it failed to assign Sales Retention Team center to work to the Clerk Craft and post the position for bid.
After reading the article at the following link that discussed the landmark arbitration decision: http://www.apwu.org/news/web-news-article/landmark-arbitration-decision-upholding-craft-assignments-and-job-posting, what are remedies Goldberg ordered the Postal Service to do?
8. Charlottesville continues to be in the news and have an affect on the business community. Discuss the recent move by companies to cease services to white supremacists from a legal and ethical perspective. How will the companies’ decision affect other companies who have yet to cease services, if at all? Can their action be considered a violation of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution? How will the actions of the companies, those who cease services and those who do not, affect the business legal community and the protection of their PR or brand perception?
Here is one link that discussed the issue of brand perception:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more