Working with Personality Types. In this chapter, you read about George and Hamida in the section on MBTIs. Recall that George, a user support agent, is an ISTJ personality type and Hamida, an end user, is an ENFP type. Learn more about these personality types at www.mbticlub.com/info_center.asp.
1. BrieflydescribetheISTJandENFPpersonalitytypesinthe Myers-Briggs categories.
2. If George and Hamida are assigned to work on a project team together, describe any problems you anticipate they might encounter working together, based on differences in work styles.
3. Describe some ways George and Hamida could function suc- cessfully working together.
4. If you joined the project team with George and Hamida, whose work style would you be least comfortable with? Explain your answer.
1. Which of these is not an example of a difficult support problem?
a. a problem a support worker has not seen before
b. a problem involving an angry caller
c. a problem for which the solution is not obvious
d. All of these are difficult problems
2. True or False? Troubleshooting computer problems is a fixed sequence of steps a support agent follows from the initial problem description to the resolved problem.
3. True or False? Problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making are different names for the same skill.
4. The strategy in which the listener is as engaged as the speaker in a communication is called:
a. probing b. active listening c. paraphrasing d. replicating
5. A mental model to help a computer troubleshooter under- stand and explain a problem situation is based on:
a. metacognition b. critical thinking c. decision making d. problem solving
6. A troubleshooting process that involves selecting one alterna- tive from among a number of possible alternatives based on some evaluation criteria is called ________________.
7. True or False? To restate a problem description using the user’s exact words is called paraphrasing.
8. ________________ is a problem-solving tool that involves a difficult or complex problem being referred to a higher-level support person for resolution.
9. The ability to step back from a troubleshooting situation and analyze one’s own thinking process is called _______________.
10. A follow-up question a troubleshooter asks to get addi- tional information about a problem situation is called a(n) ________________
11. An organized collection of information, articles, procedures, tips, and problem solutions is called a:
a. script b. flowchart c. knowledge base d. newsgroup
12. True or False? A troubleshooting strategy that involves swapping a hardware or software component whose status is unknown with one that is known to be operational is called module replacement. (THE REST OF THESE QUESTIONS ARE ATTACHED WITH THE PICTURES)
Develop a printer troubleshooting script. Use the Windows help system to locate the troubleshooting tools in your current version of Windows. (Hint: Go to Help and Support from the Start menu, and then click the Troubleshooting icon ( ? ).) Write a script with a minimum of five steps that documents how to diagnose and fix sev- eral common printing problems users might encounter. Don’t worry about rare printer problems.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more