This is to build your visual ability to observe, describe, and interpret the potential meaning of your chosen art object.
You should rely on your analysis and explanation of specific elements* in the object to serve as evidence supporting your ideas.
(1) Visual analysis is a method of understanding art that focuses on an artwork’s visual elements, such as color, line, composition, texture, material, and scale.
(2) Understand how the formal properties of an artwork communicate ideas, content, or meaning.
(3) Visual analysis is often used as a starting point for art-historical writing. It is also a critical part of visual literacy, a skill that helps people read and critically interpret images, whether in a museum, on social media, in entertainment, advertising, or the news.
(4) As citizens of the 21st century, we are constantly confronted with visual media. Practicing visual analysis sharpens critical judgment skills and helps people seek out answers instead of passively receiving information. This is especially important when exposing hidden ideologies that may motivate seemingly neutral images.
– find the object (artifact, art, edifice, architecture, ritual performance).
● 2 double-spaced pages typed in 12 pt font with double space
● Be sure to include the following information to identify the object (caption) + image
○ Artist name (if there is any) or sponsor
○ Title of object and location (original location/ current collection)
○ Date of production
○ Media / Dimension
○ Artistic/Stylistic Movement or Group
● Chicago Manual of Styles if you use any references
Review this Grading Rubric to help you assess the quality of your work.
A formal analysis differs from a written description in that it examines how the artist’s use of an object’s formal qualities (line, shape, spatial treatment, composition, media and technique, etc.) helps the viewer figure out what’s going on in the work of art.
Remember that you are not simply describing the work; rather, you are using your descriptions of the work to reinforce your thesis/assertive conclusion.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more