*Unit 5 Discussion (ACC301 Cost Accounting)
Complete and submit question 8-26 on page 332.
8-26. Compute Equivalent Units: Ethical Issues
Aaron Company has a process costing system. All materials are introduced when conversion costs reach 50 percent. The following information is available for physical units during March.
Work in process, March 1 (60% complete as to conversion costs) 150,000
Units started in March 600,000
Units transferred to Finishing Department in March 630,000
Work in process, March 31 (40% complete as to conversion costs) 120,000
a. Compute the equivalent units for materials costs and for conversion costs using the weighted-average method.
b. Compute the equivalent units for materials costs and for conversion costs using the FIFO method.
c. The company president has been under considerable pressure to increase income. He tells the controller to change the estimated completion for ending work in process to 60 percent (from 40 percent).
1. What effect will this change have on the unit costs of units transferred to finished goods in March?
2. Would this be ethical?
3. Is this likely to be a successful strategy for affecting income over a long period of time?
*Unit 5 Discussion (ACC303 Intermediate Accounting)
Please complete Judgement Case 6-7 on page 332.
ALSO explain in 3 to 5 sentences ANY concept that you learned in Chapter 6. The explanation should be in your own words and not in quotes from the chapter.
Judgment Case 6–7 Principal or agent
AuctionCo.com sells used products collected from different suppliers. Assume a customer purchases a used bicycle through AuctionCo.com for $300. AuctionCo.com agrees to pay the supplier $200 for the bicycle. The bicycle will be shipped to the customer by the original bicycle owner.
1. Assume AuctionCo.com takes control of this used bicycle before the sale and pays $200 to the supplier. Under this assumption, how much revenue would AuctionCo.com recognize at the time of the sale to the customer?
2. Assume AuctionCo.com never takes control of this used bicycle before the sale. Instead, the bicycle is shipped directly to the customer by the original bicycle owner, and then AuctionCo.com pays $200 to the supplier. Under this assumption, how much revenue would AuctionCo.com recognize at the time of the sale to the customer?
3. Assume AuctionCo.com promises to pay $200 to the supplier regardless of whether the bicycle is sold, but the bicycle will continue to be shipped directly from the supplier to the customer. Under this assumption, how much revenue would AuctionCo.com recognize at the time of the sale to the customer?
*Unit 5 DB: GDP (ECO201 Macroeconomics)
The concept of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was developed by Simon Kuznets in 1937 and has been used almost universally since that time. The World Economic Forum (WEF) is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas. Current reasoning holds that the traditional measure of economic success, Gross Domestic Product or GDP, is too narrow and does not capture true economic well-being, especially in a Post Covid world. Accordingly, the Forum has developed a Dashboard/Scorecard in four dimensions found in their brochure, World Economic Forum, as follows.
Prosperity: Updated GDP, Income and Wealth, Financial Resilience
The Planet: Energy Mix and Emissions, Distribution Issues, Natural Resilience
People: Human Capital – education and skills, Public Health, Social Resilience
Institutions: Institutional Context
Please outline for this discussion board three ways the new measures the Forum has developed are superior to the historic model of GDP. Compare the two. Begin with a brief introduction that explains to your readers what you aim to explain. Follow through with well-written paragraphs that logically support what the Forum is attempting to do. Be sure to include footnotes to your research.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more