1. Use double line spacing and font size 12 for your paper.
2. The length of your paper is expected to be 10-12 pages.
3. Attached is the case study that is going to be needed to write this paper
In this final paper, you are asked to apply all you have learned from the family systems theories in analyzing a case you have handled or are handling. It aims to help you to integrate the theoretical concepts in an actual case. The analyses and discussion of intervention should be drawn from you learning through the assigned reading, lectures, videos, discussions, etc. Address each of the following questions in your paper. You should give background information of the family, the agency setting, and the circumstance under which the family sought help or was referred for service.
1) State clearly and succinctly the presenting problem(s) of this family, that is, what caused them to come in for help or be referred by others for help.
2) Analyze the case and suggest some intervention strategies using concepts from at least two
schools of family therapy you have learned in this course addressing the following aspects:
a) The theoretical formulations of the “causes” of the presenting problem(s) or other problems you have noted in this family.
b) Describe the relational structure or other important dynamics of the family according to the theoretical orientations.
c) How may the flaws of the family dynamics/unmet needs/self-defeating narratives/negative interactional cycles/limited emotional repertoire/misguided attempted solutions/previous generational legacies, etc. relate to the presenting or other problems?
d) Based on the theoretical orientations, what are the treatment goals you have formulated accordingly, in addition to the reduction or eradication of the presenting problem(s)? Set specific and realistic goals as far as possible.
e) What specific intervention strategies have you tried or plan to use to facilitate the desired changes or goal attainment based on the theories you have chosen?
This section is the major bulk of the paper and should constitute at least 5-6 pages.
3) What are some of the strengths of the family that you have observed, which could be mobilized?
4) Address the impact of the ecological contexts or the larger systems on the family. What are some of its resources and limitations for this family?
5) How may diversity issues affect the functioning of the family, if applicable?
6) Do you see issues that warrant advocacy for the family, which otherwise would be a violation of the basic human rights of the client/family and social justice?
7) What are some of the interface issues, including your own background (cultural or otherwise, similar to or different from the family) and counter-transference that you have to face in working with this family? Are there ethical dilemmas you may have to face as well? How have you handled them or plan to do so?
Family Oriented Treatment
You may give the background information of your case by integrating it into your paper as you address the above questions. Or, you can write the case summary first, then analyze it according to the above guiding questions. The APA style of citation is expected if you cite references. Do not give detailed explanation of the concepts, the main point is to apply the concepts in analyzing your case. You can cite references if it is appropriate and helpful in advancing understanding of the point you are making in relation to the case situation. If you have not worked with a case with which you know enough about the family to address the above questions, you should request for a case summary provided by the instructor.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more