Be sure to follow the following steps:
A. Read the case study PDF that is attached below “Kids Holiday Gifting Strategy accessible”
B. Start working on “The Challenge Ahead” and “Other Considerations for this Challenge” (You will also find this in the PDF; however, I pasted both sections below.)
C. Go to section “What to submit for the case:” and read it (this is also paste it below)
D. Start working on section “Kids Holiday Gifting Strategy” (this is also paste it below)
E. Remember this assignment has to be a term paper of at least 8 pages long from start to finish (no gaps)
The Challenge Ahead.
In order to win Holiday, develop a strategy to deliver a compelling assortment and innovative omnichannel shopping experience throughout the entire season. As you consider your strategy, make sure to consider how to drive sales and traffic consistently through the season. Your strategy should effectively leverage sales channels (stores/.com/mobile) at various points throughout the season. Use the framework of the 4 Ps to brainstorm ideas for how you would approach this challenge as a buyer within one of Target’s Kids’ categories.
1. Product / Assortment: How should Target differentiate its assortment online and in stores? Would you offer channel-specific product exclusives? Why?
2. Price: How will your pricing strategy differ by channel, if at all? Determine a profitable pricing strategy for the entire season. When is it important to price aggressively?
3. Promotions: How will your promotional cadence vary throughout the season? How and when will you leverage stores/.com/mobile to drive your strategy? How will you deliver relevant promotions during the middle of December? How can you create an omni-channel promotional event and what is the best timing for this? What tools will you use or develop to support your promotions (think Cartwheel, Twitter, Wish List, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)?
4. Place / Supply Chain: How will you use Free Shipping, Store Pickup and Ship from Store to differentiate and drive your strategy?
Other Considerations for this Challenge:
• Product Categories: Kids’ categories span many product categories at Target. What categories should Target prioritize for Holiday? Are there certain categories that are more appropriate for stores or Target.com? Why? Pay special attention to categories where Target can differentiate itself from the competition. Are there certain Kids categories Target doesn’t carry that it should?
• Team: How should digital and store buyers approach decisions about assortment, pricing, and promotions? Remember, the guest demands consistency across channels. What other issues might you consider in planning with buyers in other departments and categories?
• Stores: Remember to consider store execution in how your strategies will be implemented. Are there risks you should consider? In what other ways can you use store team members to help drive an omni-channel Holiday strategy?
• Marketing: How should Target engage guests, and in what channels, to advance your Holiday strategy? Think of the many touch points guests have with the Target brand and consider which of these touch points is most impactful during the Holiday season. Also consider the channels where consumers are going to get gift ideas and inspiration. (Think print media, sites like Pinterest, and other mediums). If you would like to select a specific category within Kids, feel free to choose from the divisions below:
• Electronics: Mobile, TV/Audio, Portable Electronics, and Video Games • Toys: Dolls/Plush, Games/Action Figures/Diecast, Preschool/Seasonal • Entertainment: Music, Movies, and Books
The paper should be 8+ pages depending on how you write it. If you write it as a term paper from start to finish (no gaps), then it will be at least 8 pages. If you write it in outline form, where each category starts a new page, then your paper can go 15 – 20 pages (because most pages will not be fully written.) You may choose the style that works for your team. Remember, longer and more detailed is ALWAYS better!
Kids Holiday Gifting Strategy
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more