§ Distinguish between different types and levels of strategy and strategy implementation environment of hypothetical and real-world organizations. (CLO3)
§ Gain insights into the strategy-making processes of different types of organizations (CLO4)
§ Understand the contribution of various functional areas e.g. production, marketing, purchasing, and supply management to the overall well-being of the organization. (CLO5)
§ Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in diversified organizations (CLO6)
This assignment includes 2 sections:
I. Case study
Read carefully the mini case No 18 from your textbook (entitled ‘Tesla Motors Inc.) and briefly answer the following questions: (1 mark for each question)
1. What is the competitive strategy used by Tesla Motors company?
2. Use the five forces of the M. Porter matrix to describe the industry that “Tesla Motors” belongs to.
3. Describe the different functional strategies of the Tesla Motors company.
4. Describe the relationship of Tesla Motors with its primary stakeholders.
5. Describe the market position of Tesla Motors.
6. Describe the core competency of Tesla Motors.
7. Describe any strategic alliance (acquisition, outsourcing, joint venture, ….) used by Tesla Motors? Was it successful? justify.
8. What are the main challenges that Tesla Motors faced?
9. Assess the competitive advantage of Tesla Motors in its market.
10. Recommend solutions for Tesla Motors to improve its competitive advantage.
From real national/international market, choose an example of acquisition and answer the following questions: (1 mark each question)
1. Briefly introduce your chosen firms, and partners of the acquisition (industry, nationality, size, market position…). Max 100 words
2. Explain the different reasons for this acquisition.
3. What is the method used by the acquiring firm to manage its culture after acquisition? underline the pros and cons of this method.
4. Is this acquisition successful? Justify.
5. Give three challenges that can face a firm that uses an acquisition strategy.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more